30 minute course on legal requirements for small businesses.
This course is free from the United States government Small Business Administration. If you are in Canada check out this page on Canadian Legal Issues for Small Businesses.
SBA Learning Center – Legal Requirements for Small Business
As a small business owner, do you know what your federal, state and local legal obligations are? This course will give you an overview of the legal requirements of small business owners.
Acrobat Reader, Adobe Flash Player.
Due to Flash limitations, some courses will only play in iOS tablets or mobile devices with additional software installation.
Incorporating Your Business For Dummies
If you’re a business owner, incorporation can help you protect your personal assets and cut down your tax bill. But all the paperwork and legalese can make incorporation seem like more trouble than it’s worth.
“Incorporating Your Business For Dummies” offers all the savvy tips you need to get incorporated — starting today!
Whether your business is big or small, incorporating isn’t as simple as it could be. This handy reference makes incorporation make sense, and guides you through the process step by step. From handling the mountain of paperwork to getting back to business once you’re finished, “Incorporating Your Business
For Dummies” offers a wealth of helpful advice on these and many more topics:
- Knowing whether or not incorporation can help you
- Choosing the type of entity that will work best for your business
- Dealing with shareholders and shareholder agreements
- Transferring money and assets in or out of the corporation Documenting corporate actions and maintaining compliance
- Finding the right attorney, accountant, tax advisor, and other professionals
Written by the experts at The Company Corporation, who handle more than 100,000 incorporations every year, this helpful book offers the kind of advice you can only get from professionals — but in a user-friendly, lingo-free format.
Whether you just want a little help with the paperwork, or don’t even know what a corporation is, you’ll find everything you need to know:
- What limited liability means Corporate statutes, bylaws, and articles
- Choosing directors and assigning duties
- The benefits of S corporation status
- Deciding where to incorporate
- Registering corporate names and domain names
- Balancing equity versus debt
- Understanding shareholder rights
- Getting your financial information in order
- Hiring a professional to help with corporate compliance
If you want step-by-step help on setting up your corporation, dealing with the paperwork, and getting off on the right foot, “Incorporating Your Business For Dummies” is the only resource you need.
Packed with the kind of tips and advice you’ll find nowhere else, it’s the uncomplicated way to get incorporated.
Get your copy of Incorporating Your Business today.