The PayPal Swiper is a very small triangular credit card reader that you plug into your headphone jack of your smartphone or tablet. (Not available for your PC or Mac.)
Accept credit cards with PayPal.
PayPal Mobile Credit Card Reader
You can easily accept credit cards anywhere you have an Internet connection.
Once you have setup everything then you can then take payments right in front of the customer anywhere you have an Internet connection.
You simply swipe the card!
PayPal accepts just about any credit card or debit card that you can imagine and PayPal even sends an email receipt directly to your customer..
Typical cards that you can accept are
- American Express,
See video demo here.
- iPhone using iOS and 3GS and later)
- Devices running iOS version 7.0 and later
- iPad devices running iOS version 7.0 and later
- Select Android smartphones and tablets
- Select Windows 8.1 tablets and smartphones.
Any Android device needs to have:
• Android version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later
• 3.5 mm headset jack with microphone
• Support for Location Services
• Internet access (via WiFi or cellular data network)
See the list below for some of the compatible devices.
• Galaxy Tab Pro
• Galaxy Tab 2
• Galaxy Tab 3 10″
• Galaxy Tab 2 7″
• Galaxy Tab 4 10″
• Nexus 10″
• Galaxy Note 10″
• Surface Pro 3, 2, and RT
• HP Elitepad 1000
• Asus Vivotab Note 8
• Dell Venue Pro 8
• Nokia Lumia 1520
• Nokia Lumia 830
• Nokia Lumia 635
• Nokia Lumia 630
• Nokia Lumia 520
• BLU Win HD
So instead of signing up with your local bank for a Merchant Account with an expensive rented terminal that you can only use from your office environment…
Sign up for a PayPal account, get a PayPal Swiper, and download a PayPal app now.
PayPal For Dummies
Here’s how PayPal can help your business succeed E-mail money, save money, make money, and enhance your Web site.
PayPal’s a practical partner, and this handy handbook introduces you to its many identities.
It can act as your banker, charge card, cashier, shipping clerk, and a whole lot more.
Here’s how to set up and use your account, plus tips on adding PayPal to your business Web site and even exploring its PayPal Web Services.
- Discover how to ‘ Establish the account you need ‘
- Use PayPal like an ATM ‘ Set up multi-user access ‘
- Accept payments in multiple currencies ‘
- Ship merchandise using PayPal ‘
- Create a shopping cart and buttons.
Get this book PayPal For Dummies.