Full & Part-time jobs
Read more about Older workers are worse off in the jobs market.
Getting the Job You Want After 50 For Dummies
- Showcase the value you have to offer a potential employer
- Perfect your resume and interview skills
- Negotiate for what you want
- Snag your dream job in the age of social media
Your guide to navigating today’s workplace and snagging that perfect job. Whether you’re searching for a new job by choice or necessity, consider this book your life raft.
You’ll find all the resources you need to job-hunt from building an online presence and revitalizing your resume to negotiating a salary and landing that job!
- The power of people harness the power of the people you know friends and family, former colleagues, social media contacts, and more to network your way to your next job
- Mirror, mirror on the wall rehab your resume and cover letter, build a positive online presence, acquire social media street smarts, and market yourself on LinkedIn
- Scope it out discover which jobs are in demand and expected to grow, what they pay, and whether you’re qualified
Open the book and find:
- Ways to identify and market your most valuable skills
- How to use Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Twitter in your job search
- How to clear the application hurdle
- Tips for prepping for an interview
- The top jobs for 50+ workers
- Ten steps for career changers
Read more about the book Getting the Job You Want After 50 For Dummies.