Many people who are looking for extra income in retirement are considering starting their own retirement business. There are about 25 million Americans nearing retirement age who state that they want to start their own business. But how should you start?
Here are some steps to consider:
- What is more important to you?
- Where you will live?
- The hours you want to work?
- The amount of money you need to have?
- Type of business you’d like to start?
- Doing something to fit your skills?
- What type of retirement business suits your personality?
- Do you enjoy working with people or things?
- Do you like to sell or make a product / offer a service?
- How much stress can you support?
- Do you prefer physical or mental work?
- Then develop a plan.
- What are your personal goals, budget, family needs, resources, knowledge, etc.?
- Learn all you can about your future business.
- Check out these Best Ideas for a Retirement Business.
- Buy some books.
- Consider working part-time for a few weeks in a similar business to learn.
- Lastly, take action. There comes a time when you just have to do it.
Check out this link for more ideas. Hundreds of Retirement Business Ideas.
For more information check out my books